Located strategically at the shore of the Mediterranean Sea in between Barcelona, Girona and the French border.
- Barcelona (130 km)
- Girona (50 km)
- the French border (75 km)
Begur can be split into two zones:
- The historic center presided by the medieval castle and the defense towers around the town, and several houses of Indiana style. In town you will find lots of restaurants and shops for all tates.
- The beaches : - Platja del Racó- Illa Roja- Sa Riera ( 5 min. by car from town center )
- Aiguafreda- Sa Tuna ( 10 min. by car from town center )
- Platja Fonda- Fornells- Aiguablava ( 10 min. by car from town center )
In Begur besides enjoying the incredible beaches and coves of the Costa Brava you can also dicover the coast through the coastal paths. If you like hiking, there are different trails you can do from easy ones were the whole family can go to more difficult ones for the more experienced.
You must also try gastronomic specialties like rock fish and rices, as well as sweets like Xuxos and Brunyols, which are also typical and you can't leave without trying them.
A few kilometers away you will find medieval towns like Pals, Peratallada, Monells... which are worth visiting. Also nearby you can find some of the best beaches in the Costa Brava like Tamariu, Llafranc, Calella de Palafrugell, Pals beach, or Castell and La Fosca in Palamós.
It is also worth while visiting the city of Girona with its beautiful cathedral and its well preserved medieval quarters, Figueres, where the Dalí Museum is, or Cadaqués, which is one of the most picturesc towns of the Costa Brava.